Wednesday 13 January 2010

The World according to Rich - The World according to Rich

Uhoh! Paradox!

No, not really. I've been having some complaints that TWATR might garner some hostility from certain people, and I wish to address these grievances.

Firstly, let's address the content itself;

Yes, I have a unique view on the world, and the issues within it. I exercise my right as an internet user and a resident of a democratic country(ish) to talk about or vent them. But what you must understand is that the content on these posts are ridiculously overstated. Anyone who knows me would know that, and anyone who reads it properly would, too.

This blog is intended both as a place for me to waste time, and to ENTERTAIN PEOPLE. Make sure you read that right, and not around it, please. ENTERTAIN. If you're offended by this silly little blog, welcome to the internet. Let me show you what other wonders it contains. You won't like those either.

Let me tell you a little about myself. I don't keep a diary, I don't keep a journal. I had an awesome childhood, with some fantastic parents and a wonderful sister. I continue to live a life of security and love, and I hope to do so for a long while yet. I have career aspirations, just as much as the next man.

Now, if you DARE turn around to me, and accuse me that my blog is indicative of how I view other people entirely, then you are sorely mistaken. If people are offended by the content of this place, then they can message me directly and say so. I'm more than willing to discuss it with them. Do not try to guilt trip me into shutting up. You know who you are.

For example, my rant about the Jobcentre. I've been told people can sue me for it. Well, go for it. I haven't got pittence anyway. If the content featured on this blog gained such attention, Blogspot, the hosts of it, would remove it.

Now, I know, "But you write it, this tells me alot of who you are!" - no, it doesn't. I honestly do pity you if you think I'm this shallow and offensive. My parents have seen it, but they understand why I do it. I would rather write all this shit than go out and hit someone, vandalise something, drink, or any of that.

If internet users lose the priveledge to speak their mind, then all is lost.

Oh and by the way; don't you ever try and make me feel small again. There's more fire in me than you can ever imagine, pal.

1 comment: